|The Great Yeldham Reading Room
History, progress etc.
|Management and hire . Reading Room Charity . Charity Commission . Site A-Z . Home|
2005. A store room was converted to a disabled toilet and a disabled access ramp installed with funding from the Small Lottery Fund (Awards for All).
2004. The flat roofs over the kitchen and toilet areas were replaced.
2003. Following damage to the roof by vandalism the entire roof was retiled with funds from the insurance claim.
2002. The Hall was severely damaged in the flood of 2002. The kitchen fittings and the main floor were replaced with funds from the insurance claim.
A note in "A History of Great Yeldham" by Adrian Corder-Birch reveals that the Reading Room was built in 1898.
It was known as the 'Jubilee Reading Room' and has been extended over the years.